Tuesday, February 14, 2017

I think I got the hang of it.....

                    Okay so remember that cliff hanger I put you on? If you don't that is okay, but it helps to know what is going on. Okay so to  continue the story I had said that Rosie,Daphne, and Fred had moved out into the barn. Yes they did, they had moved out there and I had put them into a pen which the previous goats had been in. I had put boards, blocks, and just crazy things in there with them so they could play and jump around on top of the platforms.    


                    I had enjoyed playing with them and watching them as they would jump around and boof each other. I especially enjoyed it when I would lay down then one of them or both! Would get on my back then I would stand up, and they would walk onto my shoulders. (They would even sometimes try and go to my head)

                     But soon the two little goats that were only 6 inches high had grow to be about a foot tall. It was then Summer time, and I had let them go outside to be free range. They had set up a little home above the barn, and then they would come down and eat silage in the evening when my dad and I fed. You would occasionally see the 3 goats in the yard grazing or laying and snoozing in the shade of trees or on the driveway. They had soon started to grow little nubs on their heads, and of course they would fight, its what siblings do right? They would fight each other then Fred would go after me and start head budding my legs. We soon got to the point where I was actually fighting him. I mean he could have been a pretty good guard goat.


                    And so since Rosie was still their momma she had protected them no matter what Even from our dog, Shakespeare. She would fluff up her fur and bow her head. She even charged him once and ran into his side. Luckily she does not have any horns. But it had come to be that Fred would have to go to someone else, since really what was going to do for us. Nothing! So at the Amish Auction we sold him, but since he was a pygmy and not fully grown into a buck yet, I only got $31 from him. But hey that is ok I was only 12, which I am 13......BUT anyway. That is the story to the end of where Fred is sold, we still have the other two but I am not going to say more.


                                                           Next time on Goats For Days ~static~static~~~~~~~
                                                                                 oops looks like the radio went down. Looks like                                                                                      you will have to wait till next time to hear what                                                                                        happens with Rosie and Daphne....

                                         


                                                                                                       Sincerely
                                                                                                                        Ryan.

                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment