Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Goat Trouble and a new goat family member.

                                 Hello again! Ok so back to our little adventure.....

                                 So after we had sold Fred we had kept Rosie and Daphne. They didn't really seem to notice that Fred was gone. But they had just did what they normally would do! They would sleep and snack above the barn and hide in little holes in the hay bales, they would graze go back up to the barn then come to the house, graze some more, get a drink or two, graze, sleep and eat, then they would eat their dinner. (Silage) We hadn't gotten either Rosie or Daphne bred but we thought that they were...... Lets not get into that...... It had gone a few months since Fred was sold. But one night after we had just finished watching a movie and we were all asleep. I had heard Heather trying to wake me up but school hadn't started yet it was a weekend. But then she said Daphne and I was wide awake. (0_0) If anybody ever says a name of my goats in a scared tone or worried tone. i am awake, alert, and I act all in charge. I am like a mother cow and when I  hear that one of my "babies" is in harm or trouble I am right there to protect them or aid them.



                       You see what had happened was Heather woke me up and I ran outside to the barn. My dad was out there and Daphne was screaming her lungs out. She wouldn't let my dad get near her but she did let me. She was in extreme pain, and the next day we had a vet in there. She said that sometimes goats will need to lose their kidney stones, and that is what was happening to Daphne. We had gotten medicine for her and after a while she started to fee better and then she was ok all together.


                       And ever since then I have kept a close eye on Daphne. She is now more wanting, she will want me more often and if I am in the barn she will baaa for me.

                         So after New Years Eve, we had gotten another goat in February. My dad had found her in Lancaster Farmer, and he said that we should go look at her. When we got there we went into the barn and the guy had 2 goats. But we only picked out one. The next day we had gone to the Grantsville Stockyards to see if there were any other goats that might have been cheaper. But we had bought the other goat anyway. We took her home by sitting her on my lap, lets just say she was fat. But of course she was pregnant.        

                                          Well that is all for today, yes it was a short post but that is ok.
                                                                 Sincerely Ryan.

1 comment: