Monday, February 13, 2017

Beginner Goat Farmer.

              A couple of years ago (2) we had bought two billy goats. They were just little and still drinking milk. We had gotten them at the Amish Auction just up our drive way. I had begged my mom to get them and what do you know we did! We had always gotten some sort of animal from the auction. We have gotten two ponies, and a miniature donkey over the years.

              But these goats were something new for us. I had to go home and wrap hay since it was summer, and once I was done I was aloud to go meet my new baby goats! I walked down from our machine shed and saw my sisters playing with them, I had then started to run. I got there and the goats stopped and looked at me then they ran over to me and started to hop on top of me and they started to jump around.
             

              That night I had made a make shift pen for them and I went to bed. In the morning I got them out as soon as possible I first fed them though, THEN I played with them. Basically that is all I ever wanted to do. Okay lets now fast forward a bit.................And were back okay! The two little baby goats are no longer babies. They have since now grown up and live outside most of the time. I had made them small little pens out in the yard over the summer then they got to big so they just started to jump out and escape the pens that I had made. I soon had given up and just let them walk around the place. You would see the occasionally, then they would go back to what they were doing. They basically just did what they wanted, except eat from my mom's gardens.


            In the fall we had sold them since they were to no use to us, but sooner than later we had gotten another goat in November. This time she was going to have babies. SO.... I might be boring you but bare with me it gets exciting. SO we waited like FOREVER it felt like, but really it was only 3 months. On February 12, 2016 we had 2 little kids running around the place. It was a late night and I was aloud to stay home from school. But the next day we had noticed that the momma goat (Rosie) was still acting like she was in labor, and she was. She had had another kid that night but sadly it was not alive. It had gotten caught and we did not know. But we still have 2 beutiful 6 inch tall baby goats. Their names were Fred and Daphne. They had lived in our basement for about 2 weeks since it was still winter and cold outside. But they had soon moved out into the barn.



                     I am sorry but that is all for today, cliff hangers I know right they are so annoying. But  am leaving you on one. HAHAHA. Just joking they are not funny!

                                                                               Sincerely Ryan.

1 comment: